Idaho Rebound Cash Grants for Small Businesses
The Idaho Rebound Cash Grant will provide up to $10,000 in funding directly to eligible Idaho businesses. More than 30,000 small businesses could benefit from the $300 million in cash grants made available to businesses impacted by COVID-19.
Applications will be handled in two waves:
- Eligible entities with one to 19 employees may apply starting at 12:00 noon MDT on May 11 through 12:00 noon MDT on May 18.
- Eligible entities with one to 50 employees may apply starting at 12:00 noon MDT on May 18 through 12:00 noon MDT on May 22.
Eligible applicants include sole proprietorships, partnerships, C-Corps, S-Corps, LLCs, 501(c)(3) nonprofits, 501(c)(6) organizations, 501(c)(19) veterans’ organizations, and tribal businesses.
Grants may be used to reimburse the costs of business interruption caused by required closures which may include personal protective equipment (PPE), inventory, equipment, rent, and utilities. Funds must be expended in compliance with state and federal law.
To receive Idaho Rebound grant funding, all applicants must first establish a secure Taxpayer Access Point (TAP) account if they do not already have one. You are strongly encouraged to create a TAP account as soon as possible in advance of the application period opening on May 11 and May 18, respectively. To register for a TAP account follow the next steps below.
Register with TAP for the Idaho Rebound Small Business Grant
1. On the TAP home page, click “Don’t have a logon? Register here” beneath the “Log In” button.
2. Leave “No” selected where you’re asked if you received a code. Click “Next.”
3. Fill in all the required fields. If a field turns red/pink, hover over it to see the error and correct it. (Call the efile Help Desk at (208) 332-6632 if you’re unable to correct the fields in error.)
For the “You Are” field, use the drop-down arrow to select:
- BUSINESS if you’re an owner or employee of a business (but not the sole owner)
- SOLE PROPRIETOR if you’re the sole owner of a business and have employees
- 3RD PARTY TAX PROFESSIONAL if you’re a tax preparer or accountant managing your clients’ taxes
4. Click “Submit.” The Tax Commission will send you a letter. This letter has a registration code. When you receive your letter, return to the TAP home page and click “Don’t have a logon? Register here” beneath the “Log In” button.
5. Click on “Yes” to indicate that you have a registration code, then click “Next”.
6. On the “Verify” page:
- Enter the registration code exactly the way it appears in your letter (it is case sensitive).
- Select the option under “You Are” that matches the selection you made during your pre-registration
- Enter the EIN or SSN that you used during your pre-registration
- Click “Next”
- Complete the required fields
- Click “Submit”
You now have full access to your TAP account. If you don’t receive a letter within five business days after your request was successfully submitted, contact us at email@example.com or call (208) 332-6632. If you’re a tax professional who needs to file/pay for clients, read our Advanced Use of TAP guide.
All eligibility criteria, information on how to apply along with additional instruction details on how to set-up a TAP account are available at the Idaho Rebound Cash Grants for Small Businesses page. Recipients of the grants will be shared at transparent.idaho.gov when information is available.
Information provided by https://rebound.idaho.gov/.